Friday 8 June 2012

The Wave

The Wave
Dual senses receive the news 
Acid droplets energising
Tsunami of emotion growing within my body
A sharp heavy pain grips my chest
Stealing my breath, stirring my bile
Hot clamps firmly press upon my skin,
rising through my neck until
the sucker punch bruises my brain, my soul, my belief.
I am dragged back in time places long filed away.
Lost, lonely and betrayed,
the young girl starring with disbelief, fear and dread.
Gripped with shock, wet with emotion, 
I know I have failed her, learning nothing,
Allowing pain to drown my truth.

3 comments:

  1. Well, well, well secret poet. I totally adore this. Acid droplets, stirring bile, sucker punches to the brain. I know I have failed her, ugh, love it. Seriously keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sucker punch...brilliant...but the pain is what gives us the strength to swim for the truth. Some of us, much like you've done here, choose poetry as an outlet. Still really diggin' the sucker punch line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like the sucker punch line... and I enjoyed the whole poem. I'm so glad you're writing again and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete